Well, in case you haven’t guessed, I love sweets and desserts. I love them so much that have to make sure that I don’t over do it, like the time my parents told me not to eat all the Halloween candy the first night and I did….Ugh. When I do have sweets I usually like them to be very sugary. Go big or go home right? Take these cinnamon sugar pecans for example, they use real sugar and are the definition of delicious.
There are so many ways and times to enjoys these delicious cinnamon sugar pecans. I love to add them to salads, have them as a snack or put them out for guests at a party. I actually gave them to a friend recently along with her baby shower gift and she loved them. You can also store them in an airtight jar for up to 3-4 weeks without loosing any of the wonderful flavor.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups unsalted pecans halves
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Mix until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg white, vanilla, and water together until frothy. Add the pecans and gently toss until the pecans are well coated. Add the sugar and cinnamon mixture and toss until pecans are covered.
- Spread the pecans in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes, turning every 15 minutes. The sugar mixture will harden on the pecans.
- Remove from the oven and let the pecans cool on the baking sheet. When completely cool, store in an airtight container for up to 3-4 weeks.